Central Austin real estate news from around the web, April update
- KUT News posts their latest Top 10 of Austin Top 10 Lists.
- Austin is the strongest local economy in the United States. We’ve held the #1 spot since February according to the On Numbers economic index.
- Construction at the Seaholm Power Plant is finally getting underway. The long awaited project is slated to include a 30-story apartment tower (mid-2015) and a Trader Joe’s store (fall 2014).
- Conde Nast Traveler selects Austin’s Heywood Hotel as one of their picks for world’s best new hotels.
Top anticipated central Austin restaurant openings this summer according to CultureMap:
- Arro, taking over the former Haddington’s space on West 6th, from the folks behind Easy Tiger and 24.
- Benji’s Cantina serving locally sourced, seasonal Tex-Mex.
- Jeffrey’s, an Austin institution re-imagined by Larry McGuire, the man behind Lambert’s, Perla’s, Fresa’s, Clark’s, Josephine House and Elizabeth Street Cafe.
- Mettle from Bridget Dunlap and Chef Andrew Francisco formerly at Olivia.
- Qui from Top Chef winner and East Side King Paul Qui.